UAE: After taking off on a two-day official visit to the United Arab Emirates and Qatar on Tuesday morning, Prime Minister Narendra Modi posted on social media platform X that he was “looking forward to meeting with his brother the President of UAE.”
PM Modi is scheduled to meet with Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the President of the United Arab Emirates, whom he previously met in Gujarat on January 9 at the ‘Vibrant Gujarat 2024’ event. Additionally, he will meet with Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the UAE’s prime minister, vice president, and minister of defense. During their bilateral meeting, PM Modi and the UAE President are anticipated to discuss enhancing ties across various economic sectors, encompassing energy security, energy trade, ports, railways, maritime logistics, digital infrastructure, capital flows, and fintech connectivity, as stated by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
View the complete statement from PM Modi here:
- On an official visit, I will be visiting the United Arab Emirates on February 13–14 and Qatar on February 14–15. I’ll be visiting the UAE for the eighth time and Qatar for the second time since 2014.
- Our collaboration with the UAE has expanded greatly over the past nine years in a variety of areas, including commerce and investment, security and defense, food and energy security, and education. Our interpersonal and cultural ties are stronger than ever.
- I eagerly anticipate meeting His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the President of the UAE, in Abu Dhabi, where we will engage in extensive discussions to advance our Comprehensive Strategic Partnership. Recently, I had the honor of hosting His Highness in Gujarat, where he served as the Chief Guest at the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2024.
- At the invitation of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister, and Defense Minister of the UAE, as well as the Ruler of Dubai, I will be delivering a speech to world leaders at the World Government Summit in Dubai on February 14, 2024. During my discussions with Prime Minister His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid on the sidelines of the Summit, our focus will be on enhancing our diverse relations with Dubai.
- During the visit, I will have the honor of inaugurating the first Hindu Mandir in Abu Dhabi. The BAPS temple will serve as a lasting tribute to the values of harmony, peace, and tolerance that are shared by both India and the UAE.
- I will address members of the Indian Community from all of the UAE’s Emirates at a special event in Abu Dhabi.
- During my visit to Qatar, I eagerly anticipate meeting His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Amir, whose leadership has contributed to Qatar’s remarkable growth and transformation. I also look forward to meeting other distinguished dignitaries in Qatar.
- India and Qatar share historically close and friendly relations. In recent years, our multifaceted ties have strengthened across various domains, including high-level political exchanges, increasing trade and investment, bolstering our energy partnership, and fostering cooperation in culture and education. The presence of over 800,000 strong Indian communities in Doha underscores the robust people-to-people ties between our nations.