PM Modi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the PM Surya Ghar: Muft Bijli Yojana on Tuesday, aimed at granting free electricity to recipients. Under this initiative, the central government will allocate 300 units of complimentary electricity per month to beneficiaries, involving an investment of ₹75,000 crores.
In our endeavor towards sustainable development and enhancing the well-being of our people, we’re introducing the PM Surya Ghar: Muft Bijli Yojana. With an investment exceeding Rs. 75,000 crores, this initiative targets to illuminate 1 crore households, offering up to 300 units of free electricity monthly, PM Modi shared in his X post. He also provided a direct application link in his series of X posts.
What is the process for applying to the PM Surya Ghar: Muft Bijli Yojana?
- Head to the official website of PM Suryaghar at pmsuryaghar.gov.in.
- Select the option “Apply for Rooftop Solar.”
- Sign up by providing your information such as state, district, consumer account number, and electricity distribution company.
- Submit your application for Rooftop Solar according to the provided form.
- Wait for the feasibility approval from your DISCOM. Once you receive the feasibility approval, proceed to install the solar plant through any of the registered vendors within your DISCOM.
- After the installation is complete, provide the plant details and apply for a net meter.
- Following the installation of the net meter and inspection by DISCOM, they will issue a commissioning certificate through the portal.
- Upon receiving the commissioning report, provide your bank account details and a canceled cheque via the portal. Your subsidy will be deposited into your bank account within 30 days.