The free-ration scheme: The Prime Minister announced his campaign rallies in Durg and Ratlam. He accused Congress of wanting to keep the people poor.
In a major announcement ahead of elections in five states this month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Saturday that his government has decided to extend the free ration scheme for the poor for another five years.
I have decided that the BJP government will extend the scheme of providing free rations to the country’s 80 crore poor people for the next five years. Your affections and blessings give me the authority to make such decisions, Prime Minister Modi said during an election rally in Durg.
In Ratlam, he made a similar announcement, saying that the extension of the free ration scheme is a “Guarantee of Modi.” – The free ration scheme
The Prime Minister stated that the money saved by the poor due to the scheme’s extension will help them meet other needs. He stated that Modi’s guarantee means that the promise will be kept.
Under the National Food Security Act, the Centre announced in December last year that it would provide free foodgrains to over 81 crore people for a year. – The free-ration scheme
During his rally in Durg, the Prime Minister recalled that a BJP-led government founded Chhattisgarh. He also attacked the Congress, saying that the BJP will ensure prosperity in the state.
Congress never gave the poor anything but deception. The poor are never respected in Congress. They never understand the pain and suffering of the poor, said Prime Minister Modi.