Mon. Jul 15th, 2024

Singapore Airlines CEO said “Very Sorry” Following One Death and Seventy Injuries During Flight

Singapore Airlines CEO said "Very Sorry" Following One Death

Singapore Airlines: On a trip from London to Singapore, there was extreme turbulence that resulted in one passenger dying and over seventy others being hurt. The CEO of Singapore Airlines apologized in public on Wednesday.

Goh Choon Phong said in a video statement that they were very sorry for the traumatic experience that everyone on board flight SQ321 had on Tuesday.

A Singapore Airlines flight from London to Singapore faced abrupt strong turbulence at 37,000 feet. The Boeing 777-300ER airliner carried 211 passengers and 18 crew members.

The airline said that 18 people were hospitalized and 12 were receiving treatment in hospitals, however, Samitivej Hospital reported that it was attending to 71 patients. These are two different tallies of the injured.

I would like to extend my sincere condolences to the deceased’s family and loved ones on behalf of Singapore Airlines. We sincerely apologize for the terrible ordeal that all of the passengers on SQ321 had to endure, Mr. Phong stated.

He said that Singapore Airlines is dedicated to giving the passengers and staff on board SQ321 all the help and support they need. In addition, he stated that they are “fully cooperating” on the investigations with the pertinent authorities.

Mr. Phong mentioned that a relief flight carrying 143 passengers and crew members from SQ321, who were fit to travel, arrived in Singapore this morning. He also stated that another 79 passengers and six crew members from SQ321, including those receiving medical attention and their accompanying family members, are still in Bangkok.

Mr. Phong emphasized that you can trust that Singapore Airlines is here to assist and offer support throughout this challenging period.

Horror Aboard Singapore Airlines Flight

Following takeoff on Monday from London’s Heathrow Airport, Singapore Airlines reported that the flight encountered severe turbulence” on the way to Singapore.

The pilots requested an emergency landing at Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok, where it landed at 3:45 pm (local time) on Tuesday when the aircraft entered an air pocket while the cabin crew was serving breakfast.

The airline reported that after ten hours into the journey, the aircraft experienced abrupt turbulence above the Irrawaddy Basin in Myanmar.

Images taken from the inside of the aircraft revealed gas masks, panels suspended from the ceiling, and massive gashes in the overhead cabin panels.

A traveler said that amid the turbulence, some people’s heads struck the lights above the seats, puncturing the panels.

Also Read: Prashant Kishor

The general manager of Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, Kittipong Kittikachorn, reported that the incident resulted in the death of a British man, aged 73, most likely from a heart attack. He stated at a press conference that seven persons had serious injuries, some of which included head trauma.

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *