An ED representative claims that the creators of the Mahadev Online Book App run 4-to 5 of these programs and generate $200,000,000 in revenue every day.
The Enforcement Directorate has summoned actor Ranbir Kapoor to testify in a case involving online gaming software. He has to come before the group on Friday.
Ten points about this unfolding tale are as follows:
- In the advertisements for the Mahadev Online Book App, Ranbir Kapoor made an appearance. The ED claims that he was compensated with a large sum of money from the proceeds of illicit activity.
- According to the agency, 12 additional actors from Tollywood and Bollywood are under consideration. A total of 100 influencers are being scrutinized as well, and they could all be called in for questioning as part of the probe.
- Sourabh Chandrakar and Ravi Uppal, the app’s promoters, are from Bhilai in Chhattisgarh, but the app was being managed from the business’s headquarters in the United Arab Emirates. It runs call centers in Sri Lanka, Nepal, and the United Arab Emirates.
- According to the agency, the Mahadev app is part of a larger network that organizes online platforms for unlicensed betting companies to sign up new users, create user IDs, and use an intricate web of benami bank accounts, and money laundering.
- An ED official claimed that the promoters were operating 4-5 of these apps, which were bringing in a daily income of 200 crore.
- Incriminating evidence was found by the agency last month during raids against the money-laundering networks connected to the Mahadev app in areas including Kolkata, Bhopal, and Mumbai. Additionally, it has blocked or seized criminal proceeds totaling 417 crore.
- Chandrakar and Uppal, according to a statement released by the agency last month, have “created an empire for themselves in the UAE” and are showing off their illicit wealth.
- In February, Chandrakar wed in Ras Al Khaimah, an area of the United Arab Emirates, and the wedding cost 200 crore rupees. Celebrities were paid to perform, and private jets were used to transport family members from Nagpur to the UAE.
- According to the statement, M/s R-1 Events Pvt Ltd received 112 crore through hawala networks, and 42 crore was paid in cash for hotel reservations.
- Ranbir Kapoor may show up in person or send a representative to the ED office on Friday, but this has not yet been confirmed.